Wednesday 2 July 2014

Hexie number 5 completed - Three Angels

This block went together easily because I seemed to be able to pull whatever I needed in the way of embellishments out of my cq hat.  Before I started, I checked out my local Salvation Army charity shop and low and behold.......a pair of bee earrings!!  Perfect!! The pink silky satin stuff on the left where the bees are became very puffy so I sorted it with some Indian Kantha quilting with gold thread to show where the bees had been weaving in and out of the roses..........well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol, and it did solve the puffy problem - sort of.  In the afternoon I was going to drive to the local quilt shop to choose some backing fabrics but DH was suffering from Cabin Fever from being in the house day after day because of the cold weather so he offered to come too. I chose 15 colours and bought 25cm of each then DH chose this mustard yellow to back this block because it matches the girl's dress and the two ares of yellow fabric. When I'd finished he remarked "That black Feather Stitch really finishes it off, doesn't it?"  Yes it does.  "That was my idea, wasn't it?" Yes it was....... I will always value his input as I think he has pretty good colour sense. Tomorrow he has another session of chemotherapy so that means I will have at least 1 1/2 hours to stitch on Hexie 6 while I'm waiting for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment